Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day Three: "Love is Not Selfish"

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Romans 12:10


The Dare: "Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today." 

The Outcome: I awoke to a delicious GRANDE soy mocha frappuccino (my fave) from Starbucks. It's interesting because it wasn't the fact I got to enjoy my favorite drink, but what mattered most was what it took for that drink to be on my bedside table. It meant Nate had to wake up earlier than normal. It meant he had to go out (in the pouring rain, might I add), get my drink (ordered perfectly), and drive back to the house to hand deliver it...all before having to drive to Marietta for work this morning. The process meant more to me than the outcome. However, the outcome sure did taste fabulous!


Nate enjoys a certain drink in the mornings as well: Red Bull a.k.a. (in my opinion) "cavities in a can," and yes, I'm speaking from personal experience. I've also noticed his gym talk lately has consisted of "getting lean" and getting more "cleavage." I know one thing, if pumping some iron was all we ladies needed to do in order to gain more cleavage, I'm sure we'd have a lot of busty women walking around. What women will pay thousands of dollars for, men can achieve by hitting the iron. Ironic, I'd say. So, what better "thinking of you" gift would I give him other than a Red Bull and a weightlifting magazine? It was right up his alley:)

DAY THREE:  SUCCESS

37 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment