Friday, October 14, 2011

Day Five and Six..

"Whoever blesses his neighbor with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, will be counted as cursing."
Proverbs 27:14

Day Five: "Love is not rude."

The Dare: "Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them, or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only."

The Outcome: We thought on this for a while and we both only had one complaint about each other (pretty impressive, huh?)...so we shared them and we worked on them. Of course, it won't all get better in a day, but we are consistently trying to avoid our "go-to" behaviors that annoy each other. You know, sometimes, I know for myself at least, I think we may do these things on purpose, just to get under one another's skin. They say no one knows how to push your buttons like your spouse, and I'd say that's pretty true!

Day Five: SUCCESS (P.S.- i'm still rude sometimes....what can i say? i'm a work in        progress)



 "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty,
And he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city."
Proverbs 16:32

Day Six: "Love is not irritable."

The Dare: "Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations you need to release from your life."

The Outcome: I must admit. I am a scheduler. I like things in order. I don't like change. I like to eat the same foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week at a time. I like to get to work and leave at the same time every day. I even have a schedule for my "down-time". Bubble bath, music and a chilled glass of wine at 7 pm every night. I tend to be less stressed when all goes according to my "plan," but if something comes up or my schedule goes awry, I get tense. I think "irrationally." This will definitely be something for me to work on, because when I lose composure, so does Nate (and his patience towards me). I can see how it would benefit not only my marriage, but my personality as well, to let go of that control. I'll get there...eventually:) 

Day Six: SUCCESS

34 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment