Friday, February 25, 2011

Should You Trust Me?



"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool...." Proverbs 28:26

"Do not trust in a friend; do not put your confidence in a companion;" Micah 7:5

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
I, the Lord, search the heart; I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings." Jeremiah 17:8-10

Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God...." 2 Corinthians 1:8-10


These are some interesting verses about trust. Ones that make you really question what God's point is here. So, does this mean if my husband isn't putting His trust in God, that I shouldn't trust him? What about my friends? If they don't love the Lord, should I love them from a distance?
I think God put alot of "nuggets" about trust in scripture for us to contemplate. Ultimately, left to ourselves and our human nature (not being changed by God), we are lustful, spiteful, deceitful, hateful and untrustworthy. That is why when Jesus comes into your life, he commands you to lay down your life in order for him to give you a new one. It's interesting that His call isn't to bring the life you have now to Him and let him "doctor"it up. God sees our human nature so destructive that we MUST trade it for a new one; one only He can create. A life that only will survive by staying attached to the Vine.
I don't know your struggles, temptations or shortcomings, but I know mine. If left to my self, without God in the equation, I am bad to the bone. I'm a rude, self-seeking, attention-thriving, rebellious girl. For sake of my family, friendships, marriage and well-being, I've got to stay close to God. I can't put any confidence in who I am in my sinful nature. My confidence, and so should YOUR confidence in me, comes from the Lord and my relationship with Him.
God is love. If you don't know Him, spend time with Him, talk with Him, how will you know love? Who are you away from God? Would you trust someone like you? When left to ourselves, we will destroy everything and everyone we love. Do you love them, and yourself enough, to allow God to exchange that old rebellious life for a new one? My family, friendships and marriage depends solely on who I am in Christ. Even if you won't acknowledge it, yours does to.

No comments:

Post a Comment