Thursday, July 28, 2011

"I Am Enough"


"The LORD your God is with you, 
   the Mighty Warrior who saves. 
He will take great delight in you; 
   in his love he will no longer rebuke you, 
   but will rejoice over you with singing."

I love this verse. It reminds me that God tends to be a verb, not a noun. He's always "doing" something. Check out this verse. He's a Warrior who saves, he takes delight, he loves, he doesn't rebuke, he rejoices and he sings. I bet he has a voice similar to Josh Groban's. I don't know about you, but sometimes it's hard for me to believe he wants to SING over me. I mean, my husband sings to me here and there. My mom sang to me when I was a baby. People sang "Happy Birthday" to me just the other day. Owen sings songs to me and I must say they are all precious! But, God?! The God of the universe wants to not just sing about me, but rejoice about it?! Really?? He knows every past mistake, every current mistake, and every mistake to come and he still rejoices over me. If that doesn't give you a warm, tingly feeling, I don't know much else that will. 

That's unconditional love. Love that doesn't depend on how much I talk to him, how often I pray, or how "good" I was that day. That is a love that loves no matter what the conditions. So, you feel "unworthy" of this kind of love? You aren't alone. I've felt that way before. I'm sure Judas (the one that gave Jesus up to the soldiers) did. After all, he hung himself shortly after making that mistake. I bet Peter felt similar after denying he even knew Jesus. He didn't feel worthy to be crucified in the same manner as Jesus, so he asked to be crucified upside down. King David had an affair with a married woman, got her pregnant, then secretly had her husband killed in combat to cover up the mistake. Yet after all of that, God called him "...a man after My heart." 

God doesn't hold the same gavel we do. He doesn't hold past sins or regrets against us. He sees our hearts. He sees who we are meant to be. And he loves us as we are, not as we should be, because we will never be as we "should" be.

"Did you know every time you say, 'I love you' to God, he says, "Thank You?" Never confuse your perception of yourself with the mystery that you really are accepted."

No comments:

Post a Comment